Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pine Woods, Red Clay, and Chivalry

So how do you explain to the uninvolved what we do and why we do it? Again, I was showing off when I put this together. Another sonnet, with some nice imagery.


Pine Woods, Red Clay, and Chivalry


Acknowledging the incongruity of the thought
Of knights and ladies walking ‘neath the pines
That echo with the mundane world’s assault,
More genteel sensibility opines
That our mode of retreat is more preferred
To modern remedies for daily stress,
Uninspiring both in deed and word
And lacking in recuperative redress.
So we gather here among the red clay hills
To re enact our games of chivalry
As balm against the press of modern ills
And to amuse and fill our souls with glee;
Escapism as we readily admit,
With full intent to make the most of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home