Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Raid on Bryn Madoc/When the Owls Fly East

Another fun one with some neat imagery. I think it works good as a chant.


When the Owls Fly East

Old warriors know the way of the sword;
To be strong with the shield, to serve well his lord,
That great deeds of valor are honored at feast,
But that all is for naught if the Owls fly east.

The bravest of knights, with his sword and his shield
Fights the good fight, refuses to yield.
But the mightiest knights, from the great to the least
Know to seek shelter when the Owls fly east.

The Lords and their counselors gather in thought,
Debating the crisis. Strong wisdom is sought.
Their confidence fails, their bowels seek release,
For who can stand firm when the Owls fly east?

They watch on the passes. They guard the frontier.
Make fast their defenses ‘gainst all who draw near;
Arm themselves strongly as for some fell beast
And search anxious skies lest the Owls fly east.

The beacons are lit. The warning’s gone forth.
No more time for planning or measuring worth.
They cry from Bryn Madoc down to Tyr Briste,
“Take to your heels, the Owls fly east!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home