Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

To The Last

Although I take great pleasure in the art
Of swordsmanship, and relish my time spent
With rapier in hand, within my heart
I know that I'm not likely to present
A dashing figure with a flashing blade.
I'm too late come to play, far past my prime.
My back, my creaking knees, I'm quite dismayed
To face the fact I'm fencing most with time.
A few years yet remain till I admit
My aching bones no further can go on.
But while I can, I'm resolved not to quit
Until my last ability is gone.
My glory may be fleeting. Ah, but then
I'll do my finest fencing with my pen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home