Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Psalm: The King At War

Who may stand when the King comes forth in wrath?
Who can face the onslaught of his sword?
Who would thrust himself into His path
To draw a weapon on his sovereign Lord?

The King in anger strikes against His foe.
He tramps His enemies beneath his feet.
The Kingdom's weight is felt in every blow
That drags the rebel to the Judgement seat.

Before His royal fury they fall back,
Too late to plead for mercy of the Crown.
They melt before the might of His attack,
Shields and broken weapons scattered round.

The King, in glory, battles to the fore.
Let all despair, on whom the King makes war.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Upon my oath, you are an amazing poet and writer. I love to read your work. And that's quite a compliment from an English teacher. Wow.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home