Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Beloved

We are lovers, but not in the usual sense.
For what is mere physical conjoining, compared
To the intimacy of the poet and the reader?
You, taking my words, my distilled essence,
Drawing them deep within you to where
Your hidden fires burn, and your secret
Longings await the poet's touch
To release them.

Do I reach that spot within you?
The Switch the releases the ecstatic
Joys of realization? The recognition
Of hungers you never knew you had?
Do you crave the caress of my words
Upon the tender places of your soul?

If I can awaken within, the desire
To feel, again and again, that
Eruption of meaning within your spirit,
Within your mind, your body, your being,
Then I am fulfilled as no lover has been,
Who only knows his lover's yielding flesh.
And the secret smile we share
Is ours alone together,
Though we be half a world apart
Or more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home