Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Perfect World

Think very sixties folk rock, in a Simon & Garfunkle kind of way.


In a perfect world,
This would be the part
Where I lay my head back

Into a welcoming lap,
Looking up into
Sparkling eyes,

Let her feed me
Bits of cheese and grapes,
While I told her
Just how beautiful she was.

In a perfect world,
I can close my eyes
And I see it all,

Fingers brushing back my hair,
Eyes that change color
With the shifting light,

Drinking in her scent,
Like wine, till my senses reel.
She’s as real to me
As real can be, when I
Close my eyes,

In a perfect world,

Cloudy vision
Obscures my mind today.
Can’t keep my eyes closed,
Her memory slips away.
And I can’t stay in my

Perfect world.
All my castles come
Crashing down.
I call out to her
But she’s already gone.
Was she ever here?

I taste her kiss
Still upon my lips.
I reach out,
And touch the nothing that’s
Where she was.

She haunts me still.
I’m afraid, if I
Close my eyes,

All that I’ll find
Are the tattered rags
Of a fantasy

Of a perfect world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home