Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Love Song

Speak to me your true name.
Reveal to me your heart.
Tear away the barrier
That’s keeping us apart.
Let nothing stand between us,
Our union to deny.
Let there be a melding
Of our spirits, you and I.

What lies beneath your surface,
The dark depths of a stream,
A haunting sweet enigma
Wrapped within a dream.
Intrigued, I wander closer,
Your mysteries to explore.
Each hard-won fragment that I gain
Just makes me want you more.


We who have known the wounding
Of loyalty betrayed
Seek to find our healing
Within each other’s shade.
But fear defeats our purpose,
Keeping who we are concealed.
Our hope lies in the giving,
Our secret selves revealed.

I’m wandering in the wilderness,
Stumbling in the dark.
Are you as lost as I am,
Waiting for the spark ;
The touch of recognition
Within each other’s eyes,
A kindred soul with which to share
A love that never dies?

Reach to me across the miles.
Part for me the veil.
Let there grow between us
A hope that cannot fail.
Try me and see for yourself
Whether I am true.
Trust me to be faithful,
And I’ll keep faith with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home