Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Peril of Birth

Tis no good thing to be of royal blood,
Ever suspect in the Prince's eyes,
Mindful of the plotting fools who would
Make of you their means to gain the prize
Of the crown to profit their own aims,
And therefore you're the danger to the throne
Easiest to remove; deny their claims,
No matter you don't sanction what they've done.
How can one so suspect convince the Prince
the genuineness of his loyalty,
Knowing that his very being presents
Reason to doubt his sincerity.
A worried Prince uncertain of his power
Keeps his worries locked up in the tower.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home