Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Don Quixote

One of my very early pieces.



Don Quixote is tired of windmills.
He’s looking for dragons.
Tired of claiming empty victories
Over enemies of straw,
Yet still desirous of heroic deeds,
Will no longer talk loudly
Of battles he never fought.
He discards the useless armor
That shields him from nothing,
Lays down the general’s sword,
And takes up a private’s bow.
Now on the front lines,
The enemy approaching,
Admits to himself he is afraid.
He’s found his first dragon,

Himself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home