Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Valentine Verse

This was the first thing I wrote as a member of the nest. Not much, but it got me going again.

The training lists stand empty and bare.
No sword rings on armor or shield.
No knight stands ready for challengers there.
A silence reigns over the field.

Where are the warriors who lately here fought?
Why have they taken their leave?
They are caught by their ladies in Valentine's knot,
None willing their sweethearts to grieve.

For tonight they study the gentler arts
To avoid couch-sleeping and pain,
Their sword arms apparently ruled by their hearts.
Mars loses to Eros again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home