Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Heart's Caution

I do not call it love. It's premature
To use that bastard word to ill describe
What actually is felt until I'm sure
That I've accurately identified
That illogical emotion in my heart.
Emotion can't be trusted. Feelings lie.
You can't expect they'll any truth impart.
You only fool yourself and make a wreck
Of all your high-flung hopes and fantasies.
It's better to go slow and circumspect.
The wise man questions all he thinks he sees.
Love does not happen instantaneously.
It grows in secret where no one can see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home