Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Your Royal Highness

Were I to offer fitting words for thee,
Royal Princess of Meridies,
I would dispense with flourishing displays
Designed to flatter Royal vanity.

Instead, I’d seek to picture what I see:
Grace, and beauty, yes, in all your ways,
But guided by a heart which never strays
From seeking how the good, may better be.

Giving praise where due is never hard.
Your worthiness is shown in all you do;
How generosity within you lives.
It pleases then, this humble country bard
To offer verses for the lady who
Shows her nobility in how she gives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home