Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Marks of Honor

Bruises on my shoulders,
Abrasions on my arms.
Physical abuse but there's
No cause here for alarms.
There's a kinking in my neck,
And a creaking in my knee;
Aches and ailments that I
Bear away with childish glee.

If you ask have I been fighting,
I will give a wicked grin,
And I'll show you the welts
That someone raised down on my shin.
Yeah, my body took a beating.
My back muscle's on big knot.
But I'm proud to say I
Gave as good as what I got.

They're the body marks of honor
That I bear from every fight.
They hurt so good though I soak
In hot water every night.
It's a privilege to earn them,
Though the pain is nasty real.
It's just the price you pay
To stand with those who play with steel.

By tomorrow I'll have worked out
All the kinks and all the pain.
Then next week when I suit up,
I'll do it all again.
Why? Well it's the fighter's code
That's written in the stars:
Pain is short and glory lasts,
And ladies dig the scars.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and ladies dig the scars?
i love it:)
but as i am
i've upgraded to queen rhiana
and your $%
that's not early or if so
just barly
Queen
of Rhinithia

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My good friend Lord Magnus wants those last two lines inscribed on his shield in runes!

You need to check out my new poetry blog. I think you'll particularly enjoy one of the most recent poems. I've linked to your blog from mine.

--
Tobias Morgan

10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pppppppppppplllllleeeeaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee




update
Rhiana

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home