Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, July 26, 2013

The Heretic

I've listened to the wisdom of the age;
The tenets of the modern rules of faith
Established as an ironclad orthodox
Confession of what is acceptable
And fashionable among celebrity.

I've heard the strident voices of those, who
In righteous indignation, won't admit
The possibility of compromise
With any view they think inferior
To their political morality.

And yet I must remain a heretic.
It matters not how I've tried to believe.
I cannot bring myself into the fold,
Nor can I fake compassion I don't feel.,

When all their tenderheartedness can do
Is allow them to feel good about themselves
Because they care so much; and never mind
That no one ever really benefits
From their solutions; and oft times real harm
Is the unintended consequence,
Regardless of their moral posturing.

The greatest tyrants are the ones who start
With motives pure, determined to do good.
Heaven defend us from their charity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home