Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Relevant Love Poem

Language is for having fun with.



A Relevant Love Poem

The distance between two points through curved
Space is roughly equal to the sound of
Men in shirt sleeves leaning out of windows.
Neither one is relevant to the price of beans in China
Although both may eventually warrant government subsidies.
In the meantime, Chinese beans may yet be found irrelevant
By those who search for relevance in irrelevant things.

Of course, in the long run, all things eventually reduce
To irrelevant base materials proving that
The least common denominator may not be
Such a great thing after all.

However, you are over there, and I am over here,
And to me, that is very relevant.

I know there is a contradiction in my logic somewhere,
But since I haven’t yet learned to
Trust reason over instinct, I lack
The capacity for ultimate despair.
Therefore, I calmly throw reason to the wind
And say, “To heck with relevance!”

I’d rather think about you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home