Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Quest For The Keys

It was after fighter practice
On a freezing Tuesday night,
When the stars above were twinkling,
And the moon was shining bright.
We had stowed our gear and were headed
To a tavern to take our ease.
But first, there was the matter of Elianora’s keys.

When she went to enter her auto
Elianora was shocked
To see her keys still in the ignition,
And all the doors were locked.
She let out a cry of sorrow.
Begged, “Somebody help me please!
For I cannot go anywhere
If I can’t get to my keys!”

We assembled around her vehicle
With tools and coat hangers and such.
But our efforts to try and reach the lock
Did not avail us much.
No matter how we twisted the wire
To achieve the lock’s release,
The smooth design proved burgle proof,
And we couldn’t reach the keys.

Bad Thomas had a cunning plan
He’d learned from a wily convict,
How you could use a tennis ball
To force air through the lock with a hit.
And so a tennis ball he obtained,
But the results failed to please.
“Lying convicts!” muttered Bad Thomas,
And we still didn’t have the keys.

The evening was growing colder.
The minutes were starting to drag.
The frustration levels were mounting.
And our spirits were stating to sag.
Then, the Wee One returned from the tavern,
Said, “There’s no need to stand here and freeze.
Cause I’ve done this many times, myself.\
I know how to get the keys.

The solution is not in the lock,
But in the door handle and latch.
Cause if you can force it to operate,
Then it will release the catch.
Opening the door from the inside,
Will unlock the door, mes amis.
You’ll finally be able to get inside
And get the bloody keys!”

So with a laurel’s precision,
Manipulating her tools,
Elianora looped the latch
As easy as April Fools.
She pulled with the loop and pushed with the wire
And gave the latch a squeeze.
And just like that, the door opened
And she finally had her keys!

Now we’re taking up a collection.
Contribute, if you can share,
To buy Eleanora a magnet,
And manufacture a spare
Key she can keep hidden
On her car where nobody sees,
So she’ll always be able to get inside
If again, she forgets her keys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home