Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

And So It Goes

Reflecting in the cold hard light of day,
I only blame myself for what I’ve lost.
I chose to gamble, heedless of the cost,
And now that I am done, I have to pay.
The risk seemed within reason at the time.
The lady needed me, and I could give
To comfort her distress, in hopes she’d have
A place within her heart which could be mine.
She accepted my assistance, but held me
At arms length, and told me how her pain
Kept her from desiring love again.
Her fickle heart was elsewhere, now I see.
While she lies easy in another’s arms,
I’m poisoned by the memory of her charms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home