Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Who Says We Can't

The other night I heard Sigurd mention that Owl's Nest had an old reputation as the "little shire that couldn't". But when I think back on all I've seen accomplished in just the almost year I've been around, I think we've opened some eyes in the kingdom about who we are, and what we are capable of. I think it is very reasonable for us to set some very high goals for our shire in the coming year. For is it not said that when you aim for the moon, even if you miss, you land among the stars.



We here joined together
Represent a force
To determine our own destiny,
Chart our own true course,
For as long as we remain
Connected to the source
Of the dream we serve that makes us strong.

When we are unified,
There’s nothing we can’t do,
No goal we can’t achieve,
And you know that we will, too,
As long as we have the will
Together, to see us through
To the dream to which we all belong.

Let the scoffers laugh at us;
They only know the past.
They’re too blind to see in us
The kind of strength that lasts.
But we’ve thrown down the gauntlet,
The fateful die is cast.
To turn back now would be the only wrong.

Ahead of us lies victory,
The prize for those who dare:
To risk the showing of our hearts,
Revealing how we care
For each of us together,
And the dream that we all share.
Come and dare with us and dream along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home