Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Fantasy

If circumstances were different;
If you were not who you were,
And I not what I am,
Then gladly would I whisk you away
To my yacht at anchor off St. Kitts,
Or to my chalet in St Moritz;
And I would seduce you with honeyed words,
Spend long nights exploring your delectable flesh,
Delight your senses with sweetmeats and oranges,
Building fantasy, mounting upon fantasy
In a tower reaching to the heavens,
A pleasure castle for the two of us,
Unmatched in splendour,
And ungrounded in reality,
That breaks in to remind us
That you are you, and I am me,
Constrained to play our appropriate roles,
Congenial, but separate,
As we are supposed to be.

But still, I can dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home