Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

What Are You Seeking?

What are you seeking, my Bonny, my dear?
Are you sure that you'll want what you find?
Sometimes the having is not worth the hunt,
And you find that you've just changed your mind.

Do your eyes glitter bright for some shiny new toy
Wrapped up in paper and string?
Do you find your delight was all in the paper
Wrapped round some dull and base thing?

Would you cast your eyes where few look for value,
To what was discarded and tossed?
Can you see the worth that waits for renewal?
Will you turn and let it be lost?

Treasures are found where you least expect,
Hid by an unlikely facade.
Waiting for one with the courage to claim them,
A gift from the left hand of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home