Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Cisco's Battle Cry

Twas at the War of Fools
That the young lord took the field,
Wielding sword and board
To make all comers yield.
And over the battle could be heard
"All enemies must die!"
The mighty-bellied bellow
Of Cisco's battle cry.

The nobles did take note of him
And called him into court
To offer an Award of Arms
Upon his warlike sort.
And after someone fetched him
From the field, and told him why,
Once more the trees did echo
With Cisco's battle cry.

And then there were the parties
To celebrate the day.
And somewhere between beer and rum
All caution went astray.
The mighty belly did rebel,
There's few who wonder why,
And gave new meaning to the words,
"Cisco's battle cry.

Now came the morning after,
With the rising of the sun.
The warrior woke in great distress
At all that he had done.
While contemplating wisdom
And wishing he could die,
The entire camp was woken up
By Cisco's battle cry.

Now if you to the wars must go,
I'm sure that you'll fight well.
You'll demonstrate your prowess
With a warrior's mighty yell.
But if you over-celebrate,
Your wits will go bye-bye,
And all night you will fill the woods
With Cisco's battle cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home