Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, August 25, 2008

The Crab's Drinking Song

Bring me a whiskey, Keelin.
I’m feeling risky, Keelin.
I’m feeling in the mood to
Try something dumb.
Don’t say I hadn’t aughter
Fill up with firewater.
The liquor’s calling me to
Come and get numb.

I’m in the food to frolic
With something alcoholic,
Parked by a campfire
With a bottle or three.
When I spit in the fire
See how the flames leap higher.
My veins have lighter fluid
Running through me.

Sitting beside the blaze,
Drifting into a haze,
Feeling my body functions
Slow to a crawl:
The temperature is dropping.
My insides all are flopping.
This wasn’t such a
Good idea after all.

The time now is oh dark thirty.
My mood is turning dirty,
Curled in a fetal ball
Inside of my tent
Oh God! When bowels attack,
Here comes my dinner back!
I’m hypothermic
And my innards are bent.

Unhappy circumstance!
Back up the ambulance!
My weekend’s over
And misery abounds.
But here’s a bitter lesson
That I have learned, I’m guessing:
Never get plastered
When the Bard is around.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one dad
- u kno who

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's an idea for the second to last line

never get drunk
when when the brd is around

rhiana

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home