Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wineskins

Wineskins
Grow old and cracked
Dry and dusty as they age
New wine must breathe
As it expands
Old wineskins burst
When new wine expands
New wine must have
New wineskins

The message is
Ever fresh ever new
Without changing
For Truth is eternal
The message is new wine
And must always have
New wineskins

The message is eternal
But the medium is the wineskin
The message stays True
Though the form may change
Must change lest it grow stale
Dry and cracked
Bursting and spilling the wine
The message refreshes
But spilt wine
Refreshes no one

Let the forms be changed
So new wine has new wineskins
Let the message that is True
Refresh and rejuvenate
May the Truth that never grows old
Be delivered so the hearer may hear
For the Truth is the Truth
Not the wineskin in which
It is delivered

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get it...you wrote this one at church didn't you? Very cool...

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home