Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Rover Finds a Home

The dust of long uncounted roads
Is caked upon my feet.
My wanderings have carried me
Down ways I can’t recall.
Faces in my memory
Encountered as I passed
Remind me that, for all I’ve seen,
I haven’t seen it all.

But now, I’m contemplating
Giving up my lonely ways;
A new adventure grounded in
A family and home.
The comforts of the hearth call me
To leave the empty nights;
To leave aside my wanderings,
Let some other minstrel roam.

Yes, the road has its appeal:
The pleasures of the nights
Spent entertaining strangers
By a campfire’s welcome glow.
But loneliness wears on the body,
Tires the very soul:
No life to grow old in,
And so I let it go.

Instead of stranger’s faces,
I want now, to see just one,
That loves me with my whole heart,
As equally I her.
And though sometimes, I’ll miss the road,
Still I have no regrets.
Of all the lives that I could choose,
I know which I prefer.

So I remove my traveling shoes,
And leave them by the door.
No more I’ll go a roving
Through the country far and wide.
Unless, some day there comes a time
To walk those roads again,
Not alone, but with my
Loving Lady by my side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home