Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Birthday Lorelei


Poets have exhausted the cliches
In praise of women that they hold most dear.
So when I speak of you how can I raise
Those same old phrases that have grown so drear.

And yet how can I not give vent to words
Describing she who fills my life with joy,
At risk of sounding trite, or else absurd
Despite the greatest efforts I employ.

For in a choice twixt ego and of love
There never is a contest that I find.
Cause pleasing she whom I am speaking of
Is the greatest pleasure to my mind.

My Lady, Happy Birthday, from my heart.
Loving you is now my greatest art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home