Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Confession

Because I can write verses now and then,
I sometimes can present myself a sage;
A savant offering wisdom with my pen,
Pouring out deep thoughts upon the page.
But when the matter comes to my own heart,
I do not even pretend to be wise.
I fool myself before I even start,
And mis-perceive what's right before my eyes.
Too eager to connect, I find I lack
Sufficient grace to move you to conform
Your own desires with mine. And so it's back
To where I started. Failure is my norm.
The wisdom of the poet's but a pose
When love makes foolishness of all he does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home