Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Pest Control With Steel

I suppose I shouldn't recommend this method of getting rid of Jehovah's Witnesses, but I can attest that it works.

They set out from their kingdom hall
Prepared to spread the word,
Travelling from door to door
To all who hadn't heard,
Determined to visit the fallen
With a mesage from the Lord,
Never expecting they would meet
A fellow with a sword.

One knocked at the door of a humble cot
Ready to launch his spiel
About the advantages of their cult
With ardent holy zeal.
He started to speak, but came up short
At a sight that made him wilt.
Cause he was looking at three feet of steel
Backed with a basket hilt.

All thoughts of proseletizing
Vanish into thin air
When you find yourself the focus
Of a broadsword naked and bare.
They quickly turned back to their car
And beat a hasty retreat.
And the last that anyone saw of them
They were peeling down the street.

It's true that Jehovah's Witnesses
Make themselves unwanted pests,
As they twist scripture from door to door
Disturbing you in your rest.
But it's easy to be rid of them
If you have the nerve and the will
To face them down forthrightly
With three feet of highland steel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home