Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hint Of Color

Forgive me, if I look too long
And often at your face
I hope that I don't bring offence
Between us in this place,
And further that my weakness
Will not our friendship mar,
But I cannot help but marvel
At how beautiful you are.

I love how, when I tell you so,
The color comes to your cheek.
There's a softening in your eyes,
And you hesitate to speak;
But not out of embarrassment
At what you hear me say,
How I take great pleasure
In seeing you here today.

I know you've said that you don't want
To fall in love again.
You've been burned too many times
By those you thought were friends.
And I know I'm not anyone's
Idea of a catch.
I don't blame you if you don't
Want to make us a match.

Yet, sitting here at dinner
With you by my side,
I cannot help a bit of hope
From springing up inside.
And so I dare to look at you,
And so I dare to speak,
To see that little hint of color
Rising in your cheek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home