Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, November 10, 2006

Greetings to a Bardic List

My fellow poets, greetings and well met.
You may know me as Raemun Mac Aoidh,
Called Raymond the Scot here in Meridies,
Where I am bard of the Shire of Owl's Nest;
A highlander of the sixteenth century,
And known to play with rapiers, now and then;
But primarily in service to the Muse,
Recording what she stuffs into my brain.
Happy am I to find this gathering
Of fellow versifiers on the Web,
For as iron sharpens iron, so our verse
Is made the better when we share it, thus.

United in our service to our pens,
Let us be good critics, and good friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home