Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Owls Are Flying Again

As Autumn turns green leaves to gold,
And the days grow short and cool,
It’s tempting to think one can take one’s ease
By the fire, and let none fear misrule.
But warnings as well as leaves
Are dancing on the wind:
To the Lords of Talmere,
They’d best beware.
The Owls are flying again.

Twice before on Honor’s field
Owl’s Nest and Talmere have met.
And who shall keep the shrubbery
Has not been settled yet.
Now Owl’s Nest comes with sword and board,
It’s ownership to win.
So if you ask why His Grace
Has a worried face,
The Owls are flying again.

November’s melancholy winds
Echo with martial drums.
Southward, the peasantry huddle inside
As the Might of Owl’s Nest comes.
And when the dust settles, and the heralds declare
That all deeds of valor must end,
We’ll bring the bush back
Clad in red gold and black
When the Owl’s fly homeward again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home