Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Checkbook Laurel

As if I have any room to talk...


You see her coming o'er the hill
In garb for which a queen would kill,
But his Lordship's looking rather ill
Cause she's a checkbook Laurel.

She doesn't cook, she doesn't sew.
She doesn't weave or spin, you know.
She learned to dance from a video.
She's a checkbook Laurel.

Her gowns and slippers, pearl hairnet,
Buttons of the finest jet,
She found them all on the internet.
She's a checkbook Laurel.

The merchants love to see her face.
She's always welcome in their space.
Her Visa bills are a disgrace.
She's a checkbook Laurel.

If she would but pause to reflect,
She'd maybe be more circumspect,
Cause one thing you can't buy's respect,
But she's a checkbook Laurel.

Yes, she's a checkbook Laurel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home