Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Pathya Vat

A Pathya Vat is an ancient poetic form originating in Cambodia. This is my response to a challenge to try and write something according to its very minimalist rule.

Don't force the verse.
Let the words come
Like birds fly home,
Where they fit in.


The form makes you
look deep within
Your thoughts to win
Through to your goal;


Coherent lines,
Concrete and whole,
Cut from your soul,
Aimed for the heart


Of him who reads;
Who plays his part,
Receives the dart
Made from your words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home