Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Lines Of Repentance

This is a very old piece, and also one of my first true sonnets. It is also one of my forays into classic hymnody. My faith, as a believer, has always been central to me and to my writing., though not always as explicitly as seen here.


My Lord, forgive me for I have done wrong.
It seems I always to temptation fall,
So that my prayers must e’er be mourner’s song,
And poems writ to Thee repent ant’s scrawl.

And yet, my Lord, You bid me to draw near
To taste the joys of Heaven at your feet.
Ashamed, I kneel before you filled with fear
And awe that You, Your servant thus should greet.

The slave to be adopted as a son,
Bought out of slavery at great expense.
And not because of any work I’ve done;
By grace alone am I delivered hence.

My Lord, you know the heart that dwells in me
And still forgive; how can I not praise Thee?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home