Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, December 25, 2006

There's Got To Be A Pony

Thank God I'm not where I was when I wrote this any more.


I keep telling myself, somewhere there’s got to be a pony.
I’m digging through the shit for all I’m worth
And it seems all I get for my efforts
Is more shit.
More let-downs of my own making,
Because I’m working at counter-purposes to myself.

How do I break that circle?
How do I stop defeating myself?
How do I die to my own nature
So that something new can take its place?

I recall all the good words about this and that,
And I believe, but I find
The doing don’t happen, and I fall back again.
Still yearning, still hungry, still hurting
For the promised release that hasn’t appeared yet.
Cause I want to know, and know that I know
That this is all behind me.
I want the calm assurance of a Christian with four aces.
I want the Spirit to sweep in And drive out the old me.
To remove the desire so I can move on.
But for now, I keep digging
And fighting myself,
And telling myself
There’s got to be a pony.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home