Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, March 23, 2007

The Conflict

Your head says to you one thing,
While your heart tells you another.
Thus, you suffer from the conflict
Of the one against the other.
Your head wants to be sensible.
Your heart wantsto be free
To chase after a dream's desire
That only seems to be.
You want to be protected,
Provided for, and safe
By one who's going to cherish you,
And guard you with his life.
And yet, you want to feel the thrill
Of danger's heady kiss.
So you follow down an unmarked path
Toward some forbidden bliss.
While your heart chases chimeras,
Your head knows there's a price,
With no certitude of payoff
For all your sacrifice.
You're determined to be practical,
But your heart can't help but cry,
Must the sensible be boring,
Predictable, and dry?
Your head and heart both war within
For mastery over you,
And only you can answer
Which is stronger of the two.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's like you read my feelings and put them on paper for me. Though I know you don't write for me, you might as well. lol. Cause that poem is quite a bit like how I feel.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home