Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Discernment

When contemplating spirituality,
I find it most adviseable to know
What suffers most unpopularity,
For human nature dislikes hearing "No".
Faith is unwanted when it bears a price.
No one likes an inconvenient truth
That rquires self-denial, sacrifice.
So when I look for spiritual proof,
I look for what is hated and reviled,
Condemned and ridiculed, and called a fraud.
That which drives the common wisdom wild
Is likeliest to be the word of God.
Our fallen state's revealed in the remark,
The human heart hates truth, and seeks the dark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home