Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Bag Full Of Fifty Cent Words

Words have meaning, words have power
Words have consequences.
Consider well what is unleashed
On unsuspecting senses.
Frame the question, fix the answer
Redirect honest perception.
The picture is what you say it is,
The heart of self-deception.
Find the truth within the lie
With which the hook is baited.
It's closest to the altar
The Profane is situated.
Overloaded nuance,
Fluid ambiguity.
Sophisticates take pleasure in
A fine hypocracy.
Diplomatic phrases parsed
To maintain the illusion
That definition's malleable
Just add to the confusion.
Dally with prevarication,
Hidden inferences imparted,
Which only serve to bring us back
Around to where we started.
For despite our obfuscation
With pre-ambles and defences,
The words that pass between us
Still have their consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home