Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Setting Myself Up Again

I've always been a sucker for a damsel in distress.
Cry upon my shoulder and your wish is my command.
I can't bend backwards far enough to serve, I must confess.
More the fool am I to put myself into your hands.

There is a pretty poison hidden in a woman's tears
That unleashes all my instincts to comfort and protect;
To kiss away her sorrows, and release her from her fears,
And drives out my last vestiges of reasoned intellect.

I always see the dangers, but I disregard the signs,
So eager am I to display my sense of chivalry.
But all my efforts fail to bring success to my designs
When all my best intents meet up with cold reality.

It's not that I'm naive about what's likely to occur.
I'm cynical enough to understand the game's a cheat.
And yet I gamble anyway, an addict as it were,
Compelled to hope that this time I will somehow not get beat.

And so once more, I leave myself unguarded and exposed,
To care once more and to reveal my vulnerability,
Dreaming that someday I'll find the one who is supposed
To offer in return the same concern and care for me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting...and true. man has and will continue to seek that which is palatbale and conforming to him...Keith

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to attach that last comment to the post below regarding thoughts on spirituality...oops...Keith

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home