Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sirona Conducts Avoidance Drill

It's a simple avoidance agility drill
To improve your skills, she said.
You stand here and plant your feet.
Don't let it hit your head.
I'll stand here and swing the weight,
And you'll get out of its way.
'Twill serve to improve your fencing
As you duck, and bob, and sway.
So I took my stance upon the line
And waited for her attack.
A weight of polished stones
Tied up in a little sack,
Swinging on a cable
Which over a rafter hung,
Would theoretically fly at my head
When it with force was flung.
But in our haste to do the drill,
We took no time to see
An error in calculation
Of basic geometry.
So when she flung the sack of stones,
It flew not towards my head,
But impacted a tender place
Much further south instead.
Luckily, it was not too hard.
I was spared from undo pain.
Yet I was disinclined to try
And run the drill again.
What did you call this drill?, I asked.
"Twas then that she declaimed.
We call this the ball sack.
Well named, said I. Well named.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home