Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

So You Want to Be An SCA Bard

So you want to be an SCA bard,
Then listen now, to what I say.
Get yourself an acoustic guitar,
Pretend it's a lute, and learn how to play.
And after long nights learning to
Master three chord harmony,
Then it'stime to go to an event,
Join a bardic circle,
And your verses vent.
Write a song in praise of the Crown
So the fighter jocks won't put you down.
Find your voice
In your verse and your song.
And don't forgt who you are,
You're an SCA bard.

Write and build up your repertoire,
And commit your songs to memory.
Go to events both near and far.
Build your reputation for barditry.
And when your name is known
And your songs are sung
Cross the Knowne Worlde wide,
You'll be a bard to be reckoned with.
Sing your songs with joy.
Speak your verses with pride.
Remember how you have come so far.
Don't forget who you are.
Just an SCA bard.
You know the dreaming's not too hard,
When you know that you
Are an SCA Bard.
When you know that you
Are an SCA Bard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home