Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Perspective

It's not that I belittle what you feel.
I know that it is real enough to you.
Such heady moments do have their appeal,
And I've been down that road a time or two.

But since I have been where you are before,
Perhaps I've a more jaundiced eye than you.
The thrills that leave you gasping, hurting, sore;
I've seen them from a different point of view.

I've seen them come and go, through rise or fall;
Some pleasant, or some ending painfully.
The only constant: I've survived them all,
And bear away the marks they've left on me.

You've only just begun to play the game.
Just give it time: You'll find it much the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home