Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Kingdom Call (Meridian Grand Tourney)

To the corners of the Kingdom
May my voice be carried high,
To all who claim nobility
Upon our Royal throne.
The demands of Honor summon you
To gather, armed and ready,
To perform upon your bodies
All that Honor may require.
Seek Honor’s satisfaction
On a field of martial prowess;
Mighty deeds of valor
Done with axe and sword and spear.
Let all the Heavens witness
The pride of fair Meridies
Assembled, bringing glory
Through the roar and clash of arms.
The Stallion and the Shooting Star,
The Southern Cross Saltire;
The banners of our Kingdom
Wave defiant in the breeze.
Sword shall ring on shield this day.
Heroes shall make good their boasts,
Ere the setting of the sun
Returns this field to peace.
Then Honor shall have its rewards;
Royal favor granted then;
Feast and revel’s pleasure
For the ladies of the court.
Heroes all shall take their ease,
Spirits moved to melody.
The music of the bards
Shall echo off the distant stars.
Let the years go rolling back.
Shed the centuries like rain.
Renew our oaths of brotherhood
Before the Royal throne.
Let all our knights and nobles,
All our courtiers and ladies,
Refugees from mundane living
Answer to the Kingdom call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home