Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, February 05, 2009

An Unsubtle Reference to Dull Black Metal Cookware

Beware the one
Who claims to hate
Self-righteousness, hypocrisy,
And…”those people”;
You know who is meant,
The ones not like us
Enlightened ones who
Would never dream
Of condemning anyone, except
Of course, naturally those
Who it is culturally acceptable
To condemn.
Subscribing to only
Socially approved
Norms of non-conformity,
Following the tenets
Of the mass-produced
Conventions of allowable free thought,
It is so much easier
To sit in judgment,
Than to risk contamination
By taking the time,
And making the effort
To find out just who it is
That has failed to measure up
To the conventional wisdom;
A contradiction in terms anyway.
But then, the person
For whom this is written
Would agree with
Everything I have said,
Never once recognizing
The reflection in the mirror.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home