Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Dragon And The Unicorn, an Allegory

Balancing on a pinpoint,
A bare shelf of rock far
Beyond the limiting grasp of time and space,
The two meet, crash headlong,
Whirls and slash, and strike again,
Splintering stone with the force of their blows,
And trembling the foundations of
Silent finite worlds.
This is the last battle,
Which wasthe first,
Begun with the first stirrings
Of self exaltation out of place,
Giving spawn and spreading
Through history and heart of Adam's seed,
Erupting in forgotten wars,
And overwhelming conflicts,
Within and without,
Fought a thousand times,
But always the same,
As ivory horn strikes iron scales
And cloven hooves dance before bursts of fire.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home