Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

From a Story I Once Heard From a Pulpit

This is just plain fun


The Sunday service was about to end
When the Preacher asked the folks to spend
Some time that week, if they could spare it,
And read Mark Seventeen, and share it
With friends, and next Sunday he would preach
A sermon that would appeal to each
And every one in the congregation.
Then they all went out with much conversation.

Next Sunday the Reverend stepped up to the pulpit,
Put his watch on the sideboard where he kept it,
And asked his flock if they had read
Mark Seventeen, as he had said.

A good many hands went up in the air
And all gave the Preacher a pious stare.

The Reverend chuckled, then said, "You must understand
Why I laughed when you people put up your hand.
Mark has just sixteen chapters, you see,
And my sermon today is on "Honesty."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home