Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Sultry Evening Home

A muggy night with almost liquid air,
Too hot to stir we sit and pass the time
And talk of nothing in particular,
And watch the fireflies flirting in the pines.

The evening's rythm plays upon our thoughts.
The night birds and the crickets are our song.
Unneccessary talking fades away.
It is enough to be and to belong.

The late-night quiet settles on the house.
You stretch and smile as I give out a yawn.
Still, there's no hurry, tarry yet a while.
Tomorrow's cares will wait until the morn.

There is no thing on Earth I'd rather do
Than spend a sultry evening home with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home