Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

A Hero's Tale

A Hero’s Tale

He bravely charged into the lair
Wielding a mighty blade,
Hunting the fearsome beast which had
The countryside dismayed.
He picked his way through cunning traps
Designed to kill or maim,
And render a hero easy prey
For that monster of ill fame.
Past rusting splintered suits of maille
Our champion picked his way
To rescue the royal damsel who
Was the ravener’s latest prey.
He found the wyrm within the depths
Of it’s loathsome slime-filled cave.
His sword struck once, and twice, and thrice,
The lovely maid to save.
With roar and fire, and tooth and claw
The serpent sought his life,
Until at last the beast succumbed
To our hero’s o’er-grown knife.
Shouldering the fainting maid,
He made his way outside.
Anticipating his reward
Our hero swelled with pride.
And waiting there outside the lair
Were officers of the crown
Who promptly slapped our knight in chains.
And hauled him off downtown!
“But I’m the hero!” our champion cried.
‘Twas then he learned the reason.
It seems his errantry license expired
And dragons were out of season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home