Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Dragon and the Unicorn Pt II

Into The Dungeon

The TV flickers at three in the morning
And I've done it again.
Stayed up all night,
Too tired to go to bed,
Or looking for something in the late show to amuse me.
Sleep is my enemy. If I go to bed now
I'll oversleep. My body demands its due,
Which I don't want to give until I've had
My fill of whatever.
I wonder why I'm restless in the night.
Why I prefer to sit up late when
I know I'll sleep when I shouldn't tomorrow,
And miss the things I need.
Something makes me akin to nocturnal creatures,
So that I;m more comfortable
In darkness than in day.
I accept the night monsters,
How they sit with eyes
Glistening in the dark,
And steal forth to grab what they can
Before they are seen and eaten.
They have a terrible fear of death,
And of that dark shape overhead
That rules their motions.
But I am curious; it draws me.
It is so harsh, so cold, so bitter.
I bear it no love, but I can't ignore it.
For something tlls me the riddle of my being
Lies buried in its caves.

And so I enter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home