Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Highland Fealty

Highland Fealty

You offer a knighthood, a title and name
If I swear allegiance to thee.
But I’m Highland born, and your lowland ways
Aren’t a bucket of spit to me.

You think that by offering me titles
You may steal me away like a thief.
Your offer of fealty’s an insult.
Who died and made you my Chief?

I need no awarding of peerage,
I’m a gentleman of the clan.
My Chief greets his lowliest kinsman
With a brotherly shake of the hand.

My sword serves God and my Chief,
My clan, my family and home.
You can’t buy my honor with titles.
That belongs to me, alone.

So I’m a Highland rogue and a rebel
By your genteel lowlander ways.
Though you hunt me through glen, o’er mountain and moor,
My own fealty I’ll keep all my days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home