Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, January 26, 2007

The Pub Inside My Head

I’m by myself, alone again,
And restless at the thought
Of closing out another day
As I know I really ought.
I’d rather share some music
And some company instead,
But all I have to keep me
Are the phantoms in my head.

The music that I’m playing
Is pleasing, but it’s bland
Compared to the communion
In a pub with a good band.
And all my fairest fantasies
Are nothing to compare
To reaching cross a table
And finding some one there.

My walls close in around me.
I’m imprisoned in this place.
I’m more free in a smoke-filled pub,
Charmed by a lovely face,
A glass of scotch in front of me,
The music in my ears
Assuring me that I belong,
Surrounded by my peers.

But work awaits tomorrow.
Already it is late.
I don’t really have the scratch,
And I don’t have a date.
So I guess I’ll kill the lights
And stumble off to bed,
And dream about the good times
At the pub inside my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home